Eastern Washington Medical-Dental Health Summit
Friday March 1, 2019, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Medical Dental Summit – Integrating Medicine and Dentistry
Pasco Red Lion, Pasco WA
7.0 Hours CE Credits
EVENT SUMMARY – FRIDAY MARCH 1, 2019
The Eastern Washington Medical-Dental Health Summit is a unique continuing education event, bringing together health professionals, health educators, administrators and policy makers – to improve health in our region. Leading authorities will present the latest research along with practical solutions that enable physicians and dentists to work together to deliver better healthcare to their patients and the community.
The literature and clinical experience confirms the importance of understanding the connections that bind medicine and dentistry. This seminar will focus on the emerging relationships between periodontal disease and vascular disease – focusing on an inflammation-driven disease model.
Program: Friday – March 1, Pasco Red Lion
|8:00am – 10:00am||Creating Powerful Co-Referral Relationships in Your Community||Susan Maples, DDS MSBA|
|10:00am – 10:30am||BREAK and EXHIBITS|
|10:30am – 12:00pm||Pediatric Airway – Childhood Disordered Breathing||Larry Loveridge, DMD|
|12:00pm – 1:00pm||LUNCH and EXHIBITS|
|1:00pm – 1:30pm||Update on HPV Vaccinations||Amy Person, MD|
|1:30pm – 2:30pm||Multi-disciplinary Co-management of Head and Neck Cancer||Guy Jones, MD|
|2:30pm – 3:00pm||BREAK and EXHIBITS|
|3:00pm – 4:00pm||Otolaryngology for Denal Health Providers||Kellen Stromberg, DO|
|4:00pm – 4:30pm||Panel Discussion||Susan Maples, DDS MSBA|
Program Learning Objectives:
At the end of this activity, participants should be able to:
- To identify who you want/need on your total health care team.
- How you can quickly learn to speak each others’ language.
- How to generate a network of co-referrals for health-valuing patients.
- Recognize normal and abnormal pediatric airway.
- Understand the significance problems of inadequate pediatric airway.
- Know when and to whom a referral for pediatric airway is appropriate.
- Appreciate “Pediatric Dental Pearls” that relate to oral health and occlusion.
- Define the importance of HPV vaccination for cancer prevention and the rationale
for vaccinating at ages 11 or 12.
- Identify key barriers to HPV vaccine series initiation.
- Describe how health literacy approaches can be used to address vaccine hesitancy.
- Identify the various kinds of head and neck cancers and the basic treatment
approaches for each.
- Understand the general workflow in treating head and neck cancer patients
including timing of dental clearance prior to RT.
- Identify the acute and chronic side effects of radiation therapy in head and neck
- Discuss pediatric sleep apnea and screening techniques.
- Discuss current management of pediatric sleep apnea.
- Discuss oral cancer screening in the head/neck patient.
Continuing Education Credit
Friday, March 1, 2019 8:00 am – 4:30 pm 7.0 Hr CE Credits
|Professional: MD/DO, DDS/DMD, ARNP, PA||$215.00|
|Dental Hygienist, Nurse||$95.00|
|Office Staff/Team, Health Admin||$40.00|
Hotel Room Info:
Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center Pasco
2525 N. 20th Ave. Pasco WA 99301
- Call 1-800 REDLION (733-5466)
- Ask to make a reservation at the Pasco Red Lion
- Let them know you are with a group on February 28, 2019
- Give them the group block code BENT2028
- Complete individual reservation with agent.
Guests may also make reservations online:
[ web reservation ]
Room must be reserved by February 7 2019 to get the special rate.